5 simple ideas for improving safety performance
1. CEO distributes ‘stop work' award letters to employees who take action to correct an unsafe activity
2. Distribute ‘improvement completed’ cards that demonstrate the philosophy of ‘you said it, we did it’.
3. Maintain a ‘safety resource desk’ for supervisors to learn about safety issues on their own (they will retain more if they discover it on their own)
4. Provide supervisors with ‘soft skills’ training on how to handle common people issues
5. Host a short ‘safety retreat’ for leaders and supervisors