Look after Mental Health this Christmas
Christmas is a wonderful time of year for many people, however it's important to remember that it can also be an extremely difficult time for some.
Beyond Blue has a program called Heads Up which is tailored specifically for organisations. It's free to join and provides access to tools, resources and support for business leaders.
Here are some tips from Heads Up for supporting the mental health of your staff over Christmas:
- Create an action plan for making your workplace more mentally healthy
- Be mindful of employees who could feel isolated due to lack of social or family connections and provide additional support where possible.
- Have a conversation. Ask employees if they are okay.
- For employees who are taking a break, encourage them to switch off completely so they can return refreshed
- Celebrate your successes over the last year